WOSN is constantly seeking resumes for Production Positions within it’s Sports Report and full game rebroadcast crews. Although the majority of hiring takes place over the summer, interested applicants should email their resume anytime.
– Must be 16 years of age.
– Must be available Friday nights (August – November) and, for most positions, available both Friday and Saturday nights (December – March).
– ALL positions are seasonal, part-time positions. The primary sports seasons run from mid-August until mid-March. You should not plan on any work outside of these months. Within these months, you should expect to work anywhere from 2 – 15 hours a week. Hours worked will depend on the position held, the number of events covered and the distance traveled to events.
– During tournaments, there will be fewer and fewer games to cover until the majority of crew will have no games for a week or more until the next season starts.
– Remote production crews should expect to have to set up and tear down equipment. This will involve outdoor work in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions.
– Expect to HAVE FUN. You’ll be working in a laid back environment covering sports from the unique perspectives we are afforded. You’ll work with a fun, supportive crew while you learn new skills in an encouraging atmosphere.
Travel to multiple athletic events and capture highlights before returning to station to edit footage into highlight package for air on Sports Report and posting to our website. An excellent position for anyone looking for a future career as a news or sports reporter.
Sports Report Production
Be a part of live television production by working on our studio crew. Positions include camera, audio, playout, graphics and more.
Travel with a crew to various venues where you’ll set up and film full length games for rebroadcast.
HOW TO APPLY
Simply email your resume to email@example.com or you can stop by the station at 1844 Baty Road, Lima, Ohio and fill out an application.
WTLW-TV is looking for a highly motivated, data-driven digital strategist to develop and control the majority of the marketing funnel for our company’s digital presence. You will be in charge of attracting site traffic, converting that traffic into new leads and nurturing to close those leads into donors. BA/BS or equivalent work experience needed. Salary $40,000 – $45,000 commensurate with experience.
- Build and manage a content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, online video, community reports, etc.).
- Assist in the creation of content (blog posts, video, event coverage) for all of our owned properties.
- Grow new leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with the content marketing team to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into donors, and continually refine our process for conversion.
- Coordinate communications with external contributors for the purpose of acquiring additional online content.
- Ensure all digital content adheres to industry standard SEO best practices.
- Perform other duties as necessary in service to the ministry.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Some past experience in marketing preferred.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Bonus skills: HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Agile Knowledge, Non-profit experience
Salary Range $40,000 – $45,000 (commensurate with experience).
Mail resume to: General Manager, WTLW TV, 1844 Baty Rd., Lima, Ohio 45807 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. WTLW TV is an equal opportunity employer.