WOSN is constantly seeking resumes for Production Positions within it’s Sports Report and full game rebroadcast crews. Although the majority of hiring takes place over the summer, interested applicants should email their resume anytime.
– Must be 16 years of age.
– Must be available Friday nights (August – November) and, for most positions, available both Friday and Saturday nights (December – March).
– ALL positions are seasonal, part-time positions. The primary sports seasons run from mid-August until mid-March. You should not plan on any work outside of these months. Within these months, you should expect to work anywhere from 2 – 15 hours a week. Hours worked will depend on the position held, the number of events covered and the distance traveled to events.
– During tournaments, there will be fewer and fewer games to cover until the majority of crew will have no games for a week or more until the next season starts.
– Remote production crews should expect to have to set up and tear down equipment. This will involve outdoor work in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions.
– Expect to HAVE FUN. You’ll be working in a laid back environment covering sports from the unique perspectives we are afforded. You’ll work with a fun, supportive crew while you learn new skills in an encouraging atmosphere.
Travel to multiple athletic events and capture highlights before returning to station to edit footage into highlight package for air on Sports Report and posting to our website. An excellent position for anyone looking for a future career as a news or sports reporter.
Sports Report Production
Be a part of live television production by working on our studio crew. Positions include camera, audio, playout, graphics and more.
Travel with a crew to various venues where you’ll set up and film full length games for rebroadcast.
HOW TO APPLY
Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can stop by the station at 1844 Baty Road, Lima, Ohio and fill out an application.
Digital Content Producer
A Christian media company located in Lima, Ohio is looking for a highly motivated, talented
content creator to write, record, edit and produce various projects to expand our
company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high
level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
Create online content to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and further the efforts of
the ministry through blog posts, short-form video, topical articles, images, etc.
Analyze long form video from television broadcasts and determine how best to atomize
that content for digital consumption.
Record and creatively edit short-form video.
Collaborate with content strategist and other content contributors to identify, produce
and communicate relevant stories from the surrounding community and ministry
BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific
knowledge (blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Past video production and editing experience.
Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
Ability to identify, produce and communicate relevant digital content with little
As a Christian media representative, this person will interact with the public regularly;
therefore, they must be friendly enough to build rapport and receive cooperation from
their personal contacts, especially prospective donors.
Knowledge of SEO best practices.
A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent communicator but can
also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
Mail resume to: General Manager, WTLW TV, 1844 Baty Rd., Lima, Ohio 45807 or email at
email@example.com. WTLW TV is an equal opportunity employer.