WOSN is constantly seeking resumes for Production Positions within it’s Sports Report and full game rebroadcast crews. Although the majority of hiring takes place over the summer, interested applicants should email their resume anytime.
– Must be 16 years of age.
– Must be available Friday nights (August – November) and, for most positions, available both Friday and Saturday nights (December – March).
– ALL positions are seasonal, part-time positions. The primary sports seasons run from mid-August until mid-March. You should not plan on any work outside of these months. Within these months, you should expect to work anywhere from 2 – 15 hours a week. Hours worked will depend on the position held, the number of events covered and the distance traveled to events.
– During tournaments, there will be fewer and fewer games to cover until the majority of crew will have no games for a week or more until the next season starts.
– Remote production crews should expect to have to set up and tear down equipment. This will involve outdoor work in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions.
– Expect to HAVE FUN. You’ll be working in a laid back environment covering sports from the unique perspectives we are afforded. You’ll work with a fun, supportive crew while you learn new skills in an encouraging atmosphere.
Travel to multiple athletic events and capture highlights before returning to the station to edit footage into highlight packages for air on Sports Report and posting to our website. An excellent position for anyone looking for a future career as a news or sports reporter.
Sports Report Production
Be a part of live television production by working on our studio crew. Positions include camera, audio, playout, graphics and more.
Travel with a crew to various venues where you’ll set up and film full-length games for rebroadcast.
HOW TO APPLY
Simply email your resume to email@example.com or you can stop by the station at 1844 Baty Road, Lima, Ohio and fill out an application.
WOSN, a 24-hour regional sports channel in West Ohio, is looking for a Sports Producer/Anchor. This is a salary position with the starting salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include the ability to shoot, edit and write under deadline pressure. This person must be able to work with a minimal amount of supervision. Assignments include producing video packages for broadcast, scripting of programs and adding creative input toward the goals of WOSN (West Ohio Sports Network). This person will also function as on-camera talent for the sports news program and announce play-by-play game broadcasts. Normal work hours will be afternoons and evenings, including Friday and Saturday.
- Qualified applicants should have a four-year college degree in broadcasting or communications. In addition, all applicants should have a minimum of two years experience in writing, shooting, editing and being on-air talent.
- This person must demonstrate an aptitude for working in a high-pressure environment.
- This person must become knowledgeable of area high schools sports history, athletic leagues and teams.
- Knowledge of Premier Pro and Photoshop
- Anchor Friday night sports news program.
- Shoot and edit video stories using Premier Pro
- Host interview shows.
- Serve as liaison to athletic directors and communicate production schedules, game day arrival times and on-site production logistics.
- Play-by-play announcer for football, basketball, track, soccer, wrestling and volleyball broadcasts.
- Assist the Sports Director in his producing responsibilities including crew scheduling and announcer assignments.
- Collaborate with other sports department personnel to acquire and/or produce video content for air on WOSN.
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.